Version of 22/05/2023
2. Data controller
Novae Restauration, located at Route des Avouillons 30, 1196 Gland, Switzerland, acts as data controller for the processing of Personal Data collected via its Websites and its dedicated pages on social networks.
3. General principles
3.1 Our Websites and our social media pages contain the following information and services:
- information relating to our Foundation and its activities;
- different ways to get in touch with us (e.g. contact form or registration form at events);
- the possibility to create a user account and submit a project;
- links to other third-party websites and the possibility of sharing content on social media (e.g. Instagram, Vimeo, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn) and other applications (such as by email).
4. Personal data we collect and the purposes for collecting this data
A. Collection sources
4.1 The Personal Data we collect through our Websites and social media pages fall into two categories:
- Cookies (B. below);
- Personal Data that you share with us (C. below).
- What are Cookies and what information do they collect?
4.2 Cookies are files with a small amount of data that are sent from a website to your browser and stored on your device (computer or mobile device). Other tracing technologies, such as beacons, tags, and scripts (“Similar Technologies”), may also be used for information gathering and tracing, and for improving and analysing our Websites.
4.3 Using Cookies and Similar Technologies, we may collect Personal Data when you visit our Websites or social media pages. In particular, we may identify certain usage data when you browse or click on content.
4.4 The following information and Personal Data is collected using Cookies and Similar Technologies:
- the IP address of the device that can connect to the internet and is requesting the connection;
- the date and time of the connection;
- the location, if enabled on the device;
- the resources you access on the Websites;
- the name and URL of the accessed file;
- the website/application from which the connection was established (referrer URL);
- the browser you use and, if necessary, the operating system of your device that can access the internet, as well as the name of your access provider.
4.5 In order to control/limit the collection of this information, you can:
- if this feature is available, configure your browser to refuse all Cookies and Similar Technologies or to indicate when a Cookie or Similar Technology is used; or
- clear Cookies and Similar Technologies and clear your browsing data directly from your browser settings.
If you do not accept certain Cookies or Similar Technologies, you may not be able to access certain features on our Websites
4.6 List of Cookies and Similar Technologies that we use on the Site <https://www.novae.ch>:
|_cf_bm||vimeo.com||This cookie is used to distinguish between humans and robots, and allows reporting on the use of the Site.||30 minutes||Statistics||United States|
|player||vimeo.com||This cookie saves your settings before an embedded Vimeo video plays. This means the next time you watch a Vimeo video, you’ll find your preferred settings.||After one year||United States|
|vuid||vimeo.com||This cookie collects information about your actions on websites that have an embedded Vimeo video.||2 years||United States|
|IDE||Doubleclick.net||These cookies are set by a third party (DoubleClick) and are used to deliver targeted advertisements that are relevant to you across the web. Targeted advertisements may be shown to you based on your previous visits to this website. For example, advertisements on a topic in which you have expressed an interest while browsing our site may be presented to you across the web. In addition, these cookies measure the conversion rate of advertisements shown to the user.||2 years||United States|
|YSC||YouTube||This cookie is set by YouTube to track views of embedded videos.||Session||United States|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||YouTube||This cookie is set by YouTube to keep track of user preferences for YouTube videos embedded on the Site. It can also determine whether the Site visitor is using the old or new version of the YouTube interface.||6 months||Preference||United States|
|_pk_ses||Matomo||Matomo cookie managed by the agency troisdeuxun. Short-lived cookies used to temporarily store data for the visit||30 minutes||Statistics||Switzerland|
|_pk_id||Matomo||Matomo cookie managed by the agency troisdeuxun. Used to store some user details such as unique visitor ID||13 months||Statistics||Switzerland|
2. For what purposes do we collect information using Cookies?
- allow access to our Websites;
- make certain features of our Websites accessible and provide you with additional features;
- improve the Websites and our social media pages;
- ensure the security of the Websites;
- create usage statistics for our Sites in order to improve them.
3. Grounds for processing
4.8 With regard to the Cookies and Similar Technologies necessary for the purpose of operating and maintaining our Websites, the grounds on which we justify the processing of your Personal Data are our overriding private interest in operating our Sites and their functionalities.
4.9 With regard to Cookies and Similar Technologies pursuing a statistical purpose in connection with our Websites, the grounds on which we justify the processing of your Personal Data are your consent, collected by means of the Cookies banner displayed on each of our Sites.
C. Personal Data that you share with us
- What Personal Data do you share with us?
4.10 We collect Personal Data that you share with us on a voluntary basis, when, through our Websites, you:
- fill in a form to get in touch with us, such as the contact form or newsletter form.
4.11 This Personal Data may include your first name and last name, your e-mail address, the Personal Data that you choose to send to us in connection with this account (such as your title, your last name, first name, postal address, telephone number, your e-mail address and your preferred language).
4.12 When you submit a project, the Personal Data collected may include your first name and last name, title, profession, telephone number and your e-mail address.
2. For what purposes do we collect this Personal Data?
4.13 We use the Personal Data that you share with us for the following purposes:
- to allow you to participate in the interactive features of the Websites when you wish;
- to process your project submission and to contact you in relation to your submission;
- to respond to your messages and follow up on your registration for an event.
3. Grounds for processing
4.14 The grounds on which we justify the processing of your Personal Data are: your consent when you participate in the interactive features of the Websites (e.g. by registering for an event), an overriding private interest when we respond to your messages received via the contact form, you create an account in order to submit a request to us, we process your project submission and contact you in connection with your submission.
5. Personal data collected by third parties (links to other websites or Social Media)
5.2 You establish a connection with a social network or other website, your browser connects directly to the server of the relevant service provider. Through this connection, the website receives the information to which your browser has accessed the corresponding page on our Websites or our social media pages. This information (including your IP address) is transmitted from your browser directly to the service provider’s server and stored there. If you interact with our social media pages, for example by clicking on the “Like” or “Share” icon, this information will also be transmitted directly to the server of the social network provider concerned and stored there.
6. Communication of your personal data to third parties
6.1 We may give access to the Personal Data that you have shared with us through our Websites or our social media pages to certain independent contractors and affiliated companies so that they can assist us in the operation of the aforementioned Websites or the aforementioned social media pages. To date, these contracting parties are as follows:
- Site operating service provider < https://www.novae-restauration.ch >: troisdeuxun Sàrl, located in Switzerland;
- Site host <https://www.novae-restauration.ch>: Infomaniak Group SA, located in Switzerland.
6.3 The purpose of sharing your Personal Data with the aforementioned third parties is to ensure our activity, as well as to maintain and seek to constantly improve our Websites and the services offered to our users. Therefore, the justification for this processing is that of our overriding private interests.
7. Sharing of your personal data with third parties
7.2 We may be required to disclose your Personal Data where required to do so by law or where we accept in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to:
- investigate, prevent or take action in connection with potential or actual illegal activities or to assist the active administrative authorities;
- carry out an agreement binding us to you;
- investigate and defend ourselves against a third-party complaint or allegation;
- protect the security and integrity of our Websites or our social media pages; or
- exercise and protect the rights and safety of our users, employees or others.
7.3 We attempt to notify users of third party requests relating to their Personal Data when this seems appropriate from our point of view and when it seems technically feasible, except where the law or an authority decision prohibits us from doing so or when the request is urgent. We may contest such requests where, to our sole discretion, we believe they are worded too broadly, where they are too vague or unfounded, but we do not guarantee to contest any request.
7.4 The purpose of sharing your Personal Data with the aforementioned authorities is to fulfil our obligation to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
8. The sharing of your Personal Data for commercial purposes
9. Cross-border sharing of personal data
10. Protection of your personal data and notification of a personal data breach
10.1 We undertake to use all commercially reasonable means to prevent any exposure or disclosure of your Personal Data. In particular, we implement and maintain measures (including administrative, physical and technical measures) to manage instances of unauthorised disclosures or exposures of your Personal Data.
10.2 In the event of a proven or suspected violation of Personal Data, we undertake (i) to implement our best efforts to notify you without delay, when technically feasible and (ii) to cooperate with you to investigate and resolve the breach in question, including, but not limited to, providing you with reasonable assistance in notifying injured third parties of the event. We undertake to give you access, without delay and within the limits of a reasonable request, to our files relating to the violation of your Personal Data, provided however that this does not give you access to files belonging to other users or which could compromise other users’ security.
10.3 In the event of a proven or suspected breach of Personal Data, we undertake to notify the event to the appropriate authority under applicable law.
11. Management of your personal data (your rights)
11.1 Right to access, update and erase Personal Data about you: As far as possible, you can access, update or request the erasure of your Personal Data by contacting us via the contact form, by emailing us at: .
11.2 Right of rectification: You have the right to obtain the rectification of Personal Data concerning you if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
11.3 Right of objection: Within the limits of the law, you have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data.
11.4 Right to the restriction of processing: Within the limits of the law, you have the right to restrict the processing of your Personal Data.
11.5 Right to the portability of personal data: You have the right to obtain a copy of your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
11.6 Right to withdraw consent: Within the limits of the law, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time when the processing of your Personal Data rests on your consent. However, it should be noted that such a withdrawal: (i) does not call into question the lawfulness of any processing carried out prior to the said withdrawal and based on your consent; and (ii) may result in you not being able to use certain features of the Websites or our social media pages.
11.7 Right to complain to an authority: You have the right to complain to any appropriate authority about the collection and use of your Personal Data.
11.8 We may ask you to prove your identity before responding to a request based on the above rights or otherwise relating to your Personal Data.
12. Storage of your personal data
12.1 We keep the Personal Data that you share with us to the extent required to access and use our Websites and our pages available on social networks, as well as the features found on them (such as our contact forms), as well as to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to store your Personal Data under applicable law), to resolve a dispute or to enforce agreements that we have concluded and our internal regulations.
12.2 The storage period of Cookies and Similar Technologies depends on their purpose and is always the same regardless of who the Personal Data relates to.
12.3 We reserve the right to store data in a depersonalised (i.e. anonymous) form subsequent to the deletion of your Personal Data.
13. Security of your personal data
13.1 We take the security of your Personal Data very seriously. However, no method of communication via the internet or method of electronic storage guarantees 100% security. Consequently, although we strive to use commercially acceptable technical and organisational means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of the latter.
14. Personal data relating to children
14.1 We do not provide services specifically aimed at children via our Websites and we do not proactively collect Personal Data relating to them.
16. Any questions?
16.2 You can also contact us by post at: Novae Restauration, Route des Avouillons 30, 1196 Gland, Switzerland.